We are currently looking for a full-time Interior Designer to join our team; the position is based in Alletnown and will provide local support as well as remote support to our offices in Spain and Dominican Republic. You will partner with our Project Managers and Business Developers to create timely and accurate drawings and specifications for our clients.
Employment Type: Full-Time
To profitably deliver Offix to select customers through direct selling activities; to penetrate competitively held and targeted accounts that are not current Offix customers; to sell Offix products and services to increase market share. Generate leads, qualified potential customers and convinces clients to buy furniture and services from the dealership. This position is responsible for sales volume, margin percent and new business goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Networks extensively for leads (business groups, real estate brokers, A&D community, local community organizations, industry organizations – IFMA, BOMA, etc.)
• Researches for leads through business journals, newspapers, industry periodicals and publications, internet, etc.
• Cold calls potential clients in person or by telephone/e-mail, or a combination
• Participates in dealership lead generation programs such as telemarketing, open houses, industry events, etc.; follows up diligently on leads provided by the dealership
• Qualifies leads into potential customers; does thorough needs analysis to understand client’s requirement for furniture products and services
• Makes persuasive presentations to customers on dealership’s products and services- in person, through written/graphic documentation and electronic means
• Develops detailed, accurate, and professional looking quotes through own effort or in conjunction with dealership personnel (designers, customer service representatives, project managers, etc.) and presents these to the customer in a timely manner
• Works with service departments to develop service contracts to present to customer when complex services are sold (design, for instance) or for major projects (installation, design, project management)
• Provides accounting department with timely information for any necessary credit checks
• Is responsible for setting up the sale so that it can be efficiently managed and administered by the dealership, and the dealership operations and business personnel
• Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of specifications when entering orders themselves, and reviews specifications for obvious errors when done by others (design, for instance); provides complete, accurate and timely sales order (header data, pricing, contract numbers, etc.) and work order (site and project parameters, installation schedule, etc.) information required for proposal/sales order
• Ensures a responsible close of sale by obtaining signed sales orders (and terms & conditions, if appropriate), client purchase orders and deposits as required
• Stays involved throughout sale implementation to ensure that any bottlenecks or changes in scope are identified and resolved, and that both customer and dealership are satisfied
• Is available, responsive and timely to customer inquiries, requests for information and/or quotations, problem resolution, etc.
• Provides frequent and regular follow-up contact with customer regarding after sale services and information, including customer satisfaction
• Conducts a professional, cooperative interface with the customer, the customer’s employees, and the customer’s third party consultants/subcontractors
• Ensures the customer gets frequent and regular reports on order status, project progress and overall customer activity status
• Assist accounting in resolving any late receivables or customer credit issues
Goals and Performance
• Meets monthly, quarterly and yearly sales, margin and new business goals as set by the dealership and Director of Sales
• Provides timely reports on sales forecasts and new leads as required
• Participates in special sales programs sponsored by the dealership or in conjunction with the dealership’s designated furniture manufacturers; attends training sessions as determined by the dealership
Contract Furniture Management
• Is knowledgeable of dealership’s product lines – product features, application, technical capabilities, specification, etc.
• Has good understanding of contract furniture management at dealer level – account servicing, project management, order preparation, order management, factory interface, delivery & installation – including sale’s role in those processes and procedures
• Functions as customer advocate for internal order fulfillment performance and service products
• Has knowledge of office environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration and use, office productivity, etc.) and general business trends
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with 2 years of successful contract or capital goods selling experience
• High level of presentation and consultative selling skills with strong customer focus
• Ability to present a professional image and gain a high level of confidence from a large number of customers
• Assertive, self-confident, self-starter
• Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong emphasis on listening skills
• Sense of urgency, high level of energy and tenacity
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while managing multiple accounts
• Willingness to develop both short-and long-term business with experience in penetrating and selling to long-term competitively-held accounts
• Desire and ability to learn (intentional learner)
• Strong organizational skills
• Thorough knowledge of all Teknion products and service offerings; high level of literacy of Teknion and Offix business/history/culture (knowledge acquired through training and experience)
• Ability and desire to become a valuable resource to the customer and build a consultative relationship with each customer
• Demonstrated negotiation skills
• Demonstrated high standard of performance and results-oriented (i.e., holding oneself accountable for results)
• Actively seeks opportunities, calculates risk, commits to action
• Excellent technology skills, including use of PCs and MS Office Suite, Internet and all internal software programs.
• Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
• Willingness to travel